So I had the Biology Unit 1 exam today, as the first of my eight exams. It went okay, although I made some stupid errors on some questions and I just completely didn't get one question, on coeliac disease. After talking to people about it, it seemed the most obvious of answers but alas I just didn't pick it. The rest of the paper went well, I was hoping for a few questions to come up like phagocytosis and the heart and they duly did. So after perusing the wonderful non official mark scheme on TSR, I seem to have reached the conclusion that I got in the region of 48-51 out of 60 for that test. That's a borderline A if you look at Jan 2012 boundaries, but hopefully they'll be a bit nicer for this paper and grade boundaries will be low! It will be interesting to see if my prediction is true. I also have Biology Unit 2 next Monday so hopefully I can make my overall grade look better by doing well in that.
So no time to rest, I have my English Literature paper on Wednesday worth 60% of AS so I really need to work for that, learning quotes and how to write essays!
One down, seven to go! The joys of exams eh...
No comments:
Post a Comment